Thursday, March 15, 2012

Nigeria Update March 2012


Hello everyone, we have an update on the progression of our Nigeria trip. Last Monday, we got our Visas to Nigeria.  We had applied for a 3 month visa and when it came back to us it was a 1 year multi-entry visa. It seems that the Lord has something planned for us. :) We have also booked our tickets. So we will be leaving May 16th  and I will be getting back August 16th.  I will be going for 3 months this summer and my sister, Shana, will be going for at least 6 months. We would appreciate your prayers as we are continuing preparations for this trip. I will be working both at ministry of Mercy Orphanage and at Ika Mission Station. Some of the things I am planning on doing are teaching in local churches, preaching the gospel in the surrounding villages, helping out at the orphanage in whatever way possible, spending time playing with the kids, possibly teaching school,  helping at Ika mission station in whatever way possible and continuing my study of the Igala language.  If you would like a prayer card please e-mail me at tkerttula@yahoo.com and I will send one to you.  I would ask that you would pray that Shana and I would be able to use this short time in Nigeria in the best way possible and that the ministry that we have will be fruitful. Also,  please pray for safety while we are over there and also on the trips from here to there and that the rest of our plans will fall into place. Also please pray for the hearts of the people over there to be ready for the message of the gospel. I am excited about this trip and I know that the Lord has a plan for this trip otherwise the doors would have been shut.  If any of you have any questions about the trip please let me know and I will be happy to answer your questions. Thank you for your prayers. When it gets closer to time to leave, I will send out another update on more specific things that you all can pray for.
Your Brother in Christ,
T.J. Kerttula

No comments:

Post a Comment