Saturday, June 9, 2012

Nigeria update June 9, 2012

Hey everyone everything is going well. I have been sick with a cold, but it is minor.

This week, I able to go to the village to show a Bible story on power point, on Tuesday. There were both Muslim and Christian children that came and also others that came to see it. We did it on the parable of the tenants. I have a couple of Igala young men interpreting for me now. One is named Monday and another is Muhammad. Many of Muhammad’s relatives came to listen and watch. They are all Muslims, he is the only Christian in his family. At the end I asked if anyone had questions. They had many questions so much so that I could not answer them at that time. So on Thursday, I went back with Muhammad to talk with them. They were very polite and we were able to have a good conversation. They asked questions to trip me up and I asked questions to make them think a little. They speak very little English, but I would like to get to know them more and become friends with them.

I am spending two nights a week with Muhammad studying holiness and going through the book “Pursuit of Holiness” It has been a very good study thus far. Some things that I would not think about he brings up. I am learning so much from him. Muhammad will be my primary interpreter, while I am here. He is also helping me with the language. It has been a very big blessing to have him as a friend. 

During the days, I have been helping out at the school with some of the work there. The teachers have come back from school so there is little need for me to substitute, but I do help my sister with her class every once in a while. I also am working on cleaning up the windows and getting them ready to put glass in. The people who dressed the windows made a very big mess and so I have been given the job of cleaning it up.

Tomorrow, I will be going out to one of the assemblies in another village to meet with the believers there. Please pray that I will have wisdom on what to preach on. Pray that I will be able to encourage the believers there.
Please pray for the Muslims boys, that I will be meeting with. Also for Muhammed, my interpreter that he will know the right words to use in interpretation.
Pray for safety for all of us.
Pray for the people here that their hearts might be softened.
Thank you all for your prayers. Ucho bede Ojo (I am grateful to God)
Your brother in Christ,
T.J. Kerttula


3 comments:

  1. Awed by your work for the Lord!
    You are in my prayers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise be to Jesus for the work you are doing there! I pray God will use you and Mohammed to get as many people (esp Muslims) saved as possible! I also pray that God will keep you all safe during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wanted to let you know that we're praying for you, brother. Keep up the "Good" work.

    ReplyDelete