Monday, September 14, 2009

Apologize? Never!

The other day I was doing street evangelism and I stopped to talk to 3 kids. 2 of them were Methodists and the other didn’t go to church. I got the chance to share the gospel with them in full and just as I finished a man and a woman came out a store and walked up to me. When telling the woman I was a Christian the woman started yelling at me for telling these kids about Christ when I didn’t know what their belief was and that I should not be telling anyone about Christ. I apologized for telling them( of which I regret apologizing for) and that satisfied her until one of the Methodist boys pipes up and says “I know about John the Baptist too, do you know about Him?” and I told the boy that was very good and that John the Baptist was the man that came before Jesus telling them that Jesus was coming. The woman then turns to me and tells in not so nice a voice. “Stop NOW!” and tells the kids to come with her now. All this time the man is very quiet and as they are leaving the man comes closer and apologizes for the woman action. I am guessing that he was the father of the Methodist boys. As they walked up the street I followed them handing out tracts and the woman looked back at me several time giving me nasty looks all the way. At the end of the street I felt like going up to her and telling her that I was wrong. I was not sorry for telling the boys about Christ. But I did not and I wish I had. I can only pray that those boys will come to know Christ as their Savior someday.We are so apologetic about what Christ has done for us. When someone yells at us we say we are sorry that we shared the gospel. This is not the way we should be acting. We should not apologize we should stand boldly. Apologizing makes it look like we were in the wrong for telling people about Christ and the people we are talking to are right. But you know just as well as I, that is not true. So brothers and sister in Christ stand boldly telling people about Christ and don’t apologize because we have offended these people. The gospel is offensive to those who do not believe, whose minds are set on sinning and following the ways of the world. As for me I will continue boldly proclaiming the gospel and I will not apologize for telling anyone about Christ. I hope that all of you will join me in this.

No comments:

Post a Comment